The simple answer is, Yes, it does matter. Global Affairs Canada will only authenticate a foreign language document if a notarized translation in English or French has been prepared by a certified Canadian translator. This problem comes up often for our clients which is why we help with translation services. If this is you simply speak with one of our ALSC agents, they will be able to assist with the fastest and most economical way to have your foreign language document authenticated.

To get started with the translation of your foreign language document for the authentication and legalization process in Canada is easy with ALSC. All we require is a scan of the original notarized foreign language document for review as fees are determined on a per word basis. In the rare case where we are unable to assist because of the availability of a translator in the language required for your document, we will quickly let you know. In most cases we will be able to help, responding back with our quote for translation services with the required notary fee and the authentication and legalization service fees to complete the process.